Every student loves learning about animals! Not only do they boost science knowledge and understanding of natural habitats, animal books also help students expand their vocabulary and develop literacy skills. From the friendly sheep to the not-so-friendly crocodile, the Zoozoo Animal World features animals from all over the world. Each book contains talking points specific to each animal, helping educators and teachers (like you) further class discussion.
Are you looking for new ways to include Zoozoo Animal World in your classroom? Want to know how to use them in your literacy lessons? At long last, we are happy to present the all-new Zoozoo Animal World Teacher’s Guide!
The Zoozoo Animal World Teacher’s Guide , available to download at the bottom of this post, focuses on six essential literacy skills—Comprehension, Fluency, Vocabulary: Content Words, Writing, Phonics, and Word Skills. For each animal book, the Teacher’s Guide also includes a bonus fact that you can share with your students.
Now, you can easily discover which animals are best for teaching digraphs or conjunctions without flipping through each title
Here’s a sneak preview of the Teacher’s Guide, which offers five exercises to improve your students’ reading fluency:
- “Use the text in a shared reading. Encourage children to follow the text with their fingers as you read the book aloud.
- Instruct children to echo read with expression and phrasing.
- Have children reread the text, using context to confirm or self-correct word recognition and understanding.
- Have pairs take turns reading the text to each other and give feedback about automaticity, rate, accuracy, intonation, expression, and phrasing.
- Have children independently engage in repeated readings.”
Download the Zoozoo Animal World Teacher’s Guide below for FREE—and let us know what you think in the comments below!
Click the image below to download the FREE Zoozoo Animal World Teacher's Guide!